TEA AND COFFEE

TC April 2016

Issue link: http://www.e-digitaleditions.com/i/673312

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 20 of 71

April 2016 21 Best New Product award for its portable espresso maker. The Latte Art World Championship Open also spanned the weekend, with the finals taking place on the last day of the show. Kwok Ying Lai took the first place trophy with her multi-layered heart latte design. Attendees were equally enter- tained by the America's Best Espresso Competition, which was won by Red Rooster Coffee, based in Floyd, Va. Many attendees also participated in as many of the weekend-long workshops and classes available, and with over 90 of them, there are too many to list. There were over 150 exhibitors in attendance, many of which have attended in the last 38 of the past 40 shows, companies such as the American Barista & Coffee School, Dillanos Coffee Roasters, Nuova Simonelli and Torani. With the majority of the exhibitors being roasters or retail- ers, the show boasts that on average 37 percent of attendees write orders while attending each Coffee Fest, and on aver- age 89 percent of attendees do business with exhibitors after each Coffee Fest. Said one exhibitor who was pleased with the attendance at the New York show, "I'm based on the West Coast so I do not have the opportunity to visit my accounts on the East Coast as often as I would like. Coffee Fest offers me the chance to see many of them." Many exhibitors have already regis- tered for the next show, Coffee Fest Dallas 2016, June 10-12 th . The early bird regis- tration deadline is May 23 rd . Visit www. coffeefest.com for more information or register.—Zachery Bridgeman With an advanced and streamlined design, the PBi valve has replaced millions of older designed valves over the past decade. Roasters all over the world, from some of the largest to boutique specialty houses, have made the switch. Protection and functionality are key and their testing has shown that the PBi one-way degassing valve keeps oxygen away from their product in accordance with the most stringent industry standards. The PBi one-way degassing valve provides this world class performance while using 35% less plastic than other valves that have been on the market unchanged for nearly 50 years. Use a valve designed with tomorrow in mind. 15300 Woodinville Redmond Road NE, Suite A • Woodinville, WA 98072 • www.pacificbag.com • bags@pacificbag.com • (800) 562-2247 100% protection with only 65% of the plastic. (Above) attendees take a closer look at products featured in the New Product Showdown at CoffeeFest NY. (Right) to competing cups displayed during the Latte Art Competition.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of TEA AND COFFEE - TC April 2016